Child development services offer comprehensive care for children with physical, development and learning challenges. The learning and behaviour team cares for children who have learning and/or behaviour challenges.
What we do
We provide services for children and youth with challenges including, but not limited to:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and/or with associated co-morbidities;
- Learning disorders and/or with associated co-morbidities;
- Disruptive behaviours and/or disorders; and
- School refusal/significant school-related issues.
The learning and behaviour team supports children and their families through regular assessments, interventions and community and school support.
Our team is comprised of the following health-care professionals:
- Developmental and general pediatricians
- Intake coordinator
- Occupational therapists
- Speech language pathologists
- Social workers
How to access this service
Referrals for the learning and behaviour team are mainly received from school guidance counsellors and/or school board educational psychologists. Please see referral forms.
Where we are
Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre
300 Prince Philip Drive
St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to reach us
Child Development Intake Secretary – Telephone: 709-777-4957
Child Development Intake Coordinator – Telephone: 709-777-4003