Being active means moving our bodies whenever possible through physical activity or play, and being less sedentary or inactive. Tips to stay active:
- Be physically active every day.
- Play outside whenever possible.
- Take standing breaks to avoid long periods of sitting.
- Participate in a variety of physical activities to learn fundamental movement skills. Fundamental movement skills are basic movement skills that everyone needs to know, such as kicking, catching, and throwing in order to be active for life.
- Participate in leisure activities for fun, to build confidence, reduce stress and increase activity.
Check out our Health information (Hi): Physical activity page for more information.
Patient education information
- How to motivate your child to be active (PDF)
- Funding for physical activity (PDF)
- Take a Stand on Sitting (PDF)
- Ways to reduce screen time (PDF)