Medical day care, offered through the Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre, is a program that treats children with a wide variety of conditions, including but not limited to, oncology, hematology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, allergy, immunology, endocrinology and general pediatrics.
What we do
Services may include the following:
- Consultations with a pediatrician specialized in hematology/oncology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, allergy/immunology, endocrinology and general pediatrics;
- Blood component transfusions,
- Intravenous (IV) treatment for gastrointestinal (GI) and/or rheumatology conditions,
- Endocrinology testing,
- Oral food challenges,
- High risk vaccines/respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccines,
- Other specialized outpatient treatments supervised by pediatrician, or
- Patient education for continuing treatment to be administered at home.
Who we see
We provide care to children and youth up to their 18th birthday.
Our team is comprised of the following health-care professionals:
- Registered nurses, including specialty nurses
- Social workers
- Psychology professionals
How to access this service
Your child’s pediatrician will arrange for services through medical day care. This clinic is specialized and does not accept self-referrals.
All consults to pediatricians must be directed to their office. The pediatricians will book the child through the medical day care program.
Where we are
Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre
300 Prince Philip Drive
St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to reach us
Registration clerk: 709-777-4332
Nursing desk: 709-777-4558